Scientific activities of the department are directed to mathematical modeling of engineering problems by means of differential equations. Besides the analysis of the problems they deal also with their numerical solutions, including theory and development of numerical methods mainly the Finite Element Method.
- Delayed Difference and Differential Equations
- Scientific Computations in Continuum Mechanics including their Implementation
- Analysis of mathematical models in Continuum Mechanics
- Modeling of composite materials.
- Object Oriented Software directed to Solution of PDE and Numerical Geometry
- Mathematical modeling of composite materials
- Numerical methods in Fluid Dynamics
- Theory of Finite Element Method
- Function Spaces